Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Kelly Drive in springtime

I have a bit of a backlog of pictures, so I'll start with a few I took this past spring on Kelly Drive. ...

The cherry blossoms blooming on Kelly Drive is a breathtaking sight. I was testing out some newer lenses, and this one is the best of the bunch. This was taken at around 3 or 4 in the afternoon when the light was hitting them just right.

Canon EOS 5D, Canon 85 f/1.2L lens, exposure unrecorded

Philadelphia is the rowing capital of the U.S., and this year is the 150th anniversary of the Schuylkill Navy. You mostly have to be an early riser if you want to catch most of the rowers in action, unless you want to fight the traffic and try to find a parking spot during one of the area's many regattas. Anyway, I did catch this rower in the mid-afternoon getting in a good workout.

Canon EOS 5D, Canon 100-400L lens, exposure unrecorded

No comments: