Thursday, August 21, 2008

More random Philly images

More July photos - I'm still catching up. ...

This photo had potential, but I'm disappointed with how it turned out. Whenever I don't bring a polarizer with me is when I need one (photo lesson #2,344 for me, I guess), and I really could have used one here. The cloud formation over Philly's skyscrapers was very picturesque when I took this, but they just don't shine through. I do like the view though - I took this when our friend Beth (right) was visiting yours truly and my wife Vandra (left) in July. Of course, no trip up the Art Museum steps is complete without the proverbial shot overlooking Ben Franklin Parkway, with Billy Penn off in the distance. And I had to get in the Rocky footprints, too (if you click the pic, you can see a larger view). I won't include the picture of Vandra and Beth at the Rocky statue - only one cliché image per post. :o)

For some reason, I'm drawn to Philadelphia's Holocaust Memorial on Ben Franklin Parkway - whenever I pass it, I always take a few shots. I guess it's because there's a lot "happening" with the sculpture - it's a very busy piece. I love the details in the feet, and it had just rained, so I snapped this one, hoping for the just rained effect, but I didn't achieve it. I'll be back for another attempt before it gets cold this fall.

As we were standing on the parkway, waiting for the light to change, this guy on his rocket said, "Hey man, get a picture of me?" Who can resist such friendliness in the City of Brotherly LoveWhenever I look at this image, I always wonder (hope) that he made it home okay, because no more than five minutes after I took this, we were caught in one of Philly's notorious, vicious summer thunderstorms.

All images taken on a Canon EOS 40D, Canon 24-105 f/4 IS lens, exposures unrecorded

No comments: