Thursday, April 22, 2010

Some NYC shots

I traveled to New York City with a few friends on Monday, and I thought I'd share some shots. Below are my favorites.

Probably my favorite photo of the day - I shot this across the platform to the opposite track right before the subway took off.

I'm always amazed how fast the Subway runs, and how quickly it can stop, too; I'm always a sucker for "motion" shots.

Apparently we weren't the only ones who thought it was a gorgeous day in Central Park - I got really close to this little guy, and he didn't seem to mind.

I could probably shoot for weeks in the park for reasons like this - there's a seemingly endless supply of formations and features that are pleasing to the eye.

My favorite scenic shot of the day.

Another view...

This arch is one of my favorite features in the whole park - I could stare at it for hours.

A metaphoric shot of what advertising coaxes, cajoles and prods us to do - a one-way ticket to stop and buy something!

I always look at signs no matter where I go, and I liked this one.

My friends Erin and Diana came with me, and we had a great time shooting pictures in the Subway.

Reflections are another one of my favorite themes, and this was my favorite of the day.

Nothing beats the cherry blossoms of Washington, D.C., but this one was a great sight.

I loved the texture of this tree in Central Park.

Another scene I liked from the greatest park in the world.

I wasn't sure if this was a nest or just a unique looking flower. I didn't want to touch it or get too close to find out.

No comments: