Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Crystal Roxx band shots

Last weekend, I went to the Trappe Tavern in Collegeville, Pa. to celebrate my good friend Diana's birthday, and I brought along my camera to get a few pictures. I really enjoy capturing the excitement and enthusiasm of live music. Crystal Roxx, an amazing cover band that I've seen in the area for over 10 years, didn't disappoint. Below are the best of the best.

All images were captured with a Canon EOS 7D camera, and Canon 24-105 f/4L lens using a pop-up flash. I know I could have done much better with my Speedlite 580 EX II, but these aren't too bad for a pop-up, which seems more powerful on this particular EOS than previous models I have owned.

These guys were great, and didn't hesitate to willingly pose for photographs during their sets, which obviously makes for better photos and a much more enjoyable experience photographing them.

Better yet, this hard-rockin' cover band gets the audience involved, too, which makes for some pretty interesting and cool pictures.

To view the entire album from the show, Click Here.

2 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Fun time! Why'd you stop posting your other blogs? You were on a roll!!

RJ said...

Thanks, Kittie! You made my night. I'm going to get back to blogging soon (maybe even tonight, since my plans fell through) - I've been very busy with my photography, but I do have a big, long list of things I want to blog about, so please stop back soon. Thanks again!