Saturday, March 1, 2008

A few corporate pictures

Late last year, I shot a corporate event for PEBA at the Downtown Club in Philadelphia, so I thought I'd share a few of the photos. I took all of them with my Canon EOS 5D, and I alternated between my Canon 24-70 f2.8L and a Canon 70-200 f2.8L image-stabilized lenses. I learned two things from this shoot - image stabilization is a must in low-light situations where flashes and tripods aren't permitted or practical, and the EOS 5D shoots fantastic high-speed images. I alternated between shooting 1600 and 3200 speeds, and I was very pleased with the images.

This is my favorite shot of the event - I used a drag shutter to get a different look of people applauding, and this is the result. I could not have gotten this image without image stabilization; if memory serves me correctly, this was shot 1/15th of a second.

This was my first shoot using the Gary Fong diffuser on my Speedlite 580 EX II, and it really makes a tremendous difference, especially with up-close shots. I'm eager to see how the amber dome works on the diffuser for indoor lighting, but I haven't yet had an opportunity to use it at length.

Of all the posed shots I took at the event, this one is my favorite; photogenic people always help when taking candids.

No comments: